Teaching kids to stay safe from traffickers doesn't have to be difficult. Here are 11 dos and don'ts that we've learned from teaching Born2Fly all over the world:
- Do make it age-appropriate.
- Don’t make it scary for kids.
- Don’t make it scary for parents.
- Don’t make it scary for teachers.
- Don’t have to mention trafficking or sex.
- Do make it story-based.
- Do teach universal truths.
- Do make it flexible and customizable.
- Do be cross-cultural.
- Do focus on the positive.
- Do make it fun!
Naturally Born2Fly's curriculum for young children meets all these needs. :-) More than 700 organizations have registered to teach this powerful trafficking prevention program -- in a whopping 65+ countries. You can, too. Just register at www.born2fly.org.