We've gotten the first feedback from Bulgaria from our beta test of the Born2Fly Project to stop child trafficking--and it's fantastic!
Below is what the teacher wrote us. (She's Bulgarian, and her English is a lot better than my Bulgarian.)
You can imagine how thrilled I am to get this glowing report after 5 years of work on this project. Enjoy it as you read it and see the pictures of these kids, knowing that many of them will be saved from being trafficked because of Born2Fly. Thank you for making this all possible.
* * *
From the teacher:
"I taught three lessons on the Born2fly book between 07.18.11 – 07.21.11 in children camp “Heaven."
- What is choice? How our mistakes can hurt the others and what is the price we pay when we do a mistake?
- How can we ask for wisdom when we have to make a decision?
- Why sometimes the fruits of our mistakes are so bitter? (Example: cutting down the moon trees and the decision Blossom made to leave the village when she wasn’t prepared yet)
- Why do we have to take our time when we have to make an important decision? What do we gain when we sacrifice from our time on it?
- How to recognize your real friends? What do our real friends do when we are in trouble? (support us, help us, let us know they are there for us)
- What is a dream? Why do the dream thieves are trying to take our dreams and future?
- Why do we have to be patient and work hard for our dreams?
- Why waiting is so hard?
- What does the school give us? – knowledge, preparation, skills. It’s more difficult for someone to trick you if you have all that. The school teaches us how to live a safe life.
- The value system of a young person and what are their goals in life.
- We talked about the dream thieves – how they may look (good, attractive), what may they offer us (money, easy life, etc.), what they may want in return; why they want to steal our dreams (future)?
- We discuss that a dream thief may an idol in our life like – expensive things, modern technologies, even close friends whom we trust too much, different addictions, etc.
- The common thing about all of the above is their purpose – to steal our dream, our future, our life. That’s why the tree in the prison where Blossom is kept is ugly and dead.
- We talked about the good friends we have – people who want to give, not to receive. The children were making very smart comments.
"At the end I gave them paper where they were able to write down their dreams. The children think positively and dream beautiful dreams.
"I think that the message of the book worked well and provoked them to be more careful for the dangers in their lives and to know what has real worth. It’s another stage in our prevention work against the evil in this world."