Countdown to the big anti-trafficking march in Washington DC this Saturday:
National Mall - Constitution Gardens
Constitution Avenue and 19th St. NW
The SMS Walk is a united effort to bring attention to the fact that human trafficking is the 2nd-largest illegal industry on the planet--and to raise fund for organizations that are working to stop it.
The Born2Fly Project has a "virtual" team for the walk. You can join us without having to walk a step. :-) Just go here, scroll down the list of teams til you find Born2Fly, and make a donation to "walk" with us.
The SMS Walk is organized entirely by community volunteers who are passionate activists. 100% of the contributions go directly to organizations in the US that combat human trafficking and care for victims:
- Provide emergency, short-term, and long-term care and services for victims of human trafficking
- Create, strengthen, and implement anti-trafficking laws
- Operate the national human trafficking hotline
- Train law enforcement to identify victims
- Rescue victims
- Raise awareness about all forms of human trafficking
For more information or to help sponsor this event, check out www.walk.stopmodernslavery.org or www.meetup.com/wdcsms. And don't forget to join the Born2Fly Project "virtual" team; just go here, scroll down the list of teams til you find Born2Fly, and make a donation to "walk" with us.